Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You can't always get what you want

Song of the Day: You Can't Always Get What you Want- The Rolling Stones

Watch/Listen Here


Today is our second snow day in a row.  We loaded the kids up to take them to breakfast to find we were one of the few cars on the road.  This song was playing on the radio, and I thought "how appropriate" as the kids were screaming, complaining and I was selfishly wishing they were at school.

Praise teachers.  I ask myself on mornings like today "How did I EVER survive the summer?"

Truth be known, they really wish they had school too. The boys LOVE their teachers, and yesterday proved that snow days aren't too easy for anyone. It's too cold to play outside, and driving really isn't safe.  Right now, Holt is punching holes in pieces of colored construction paper for his "project".  (I wonder how long this will keep him busy)

Its easy on days like today to plant your kids in front of the TV, (I was totally guilty of this yesterday after a sleepless night)...But my goal for the day is to get my personal "to do list" taken care of before noon so that I can spend the afternoon engaging with the kids.

We may bake cookies, paint pictures, sings songs, listen to music....anything but TV.  We are turning the tables on cabin fever-oh and I forgot to mention that Cort has a regular old fever for the third day in a row.  


Wish me luck.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment